Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day three in Australia

Today, I gave a session entitled "Technology Electives That Work at the Secondary Level in the US." I gave it twice. I also attended an excellent session on mixing in Pro Tools. I also got a chance to speak with a lot of the teachers at the conference. Interesting, on our last visit in 1988, we spent the time with family and fellow Estonians. I did not spend a lot of time talking to Aussies. I am getting a chance to speak with a lot of teachers. They have little or no marching bands in Australia. the focus, like the UK is on classroom music, concert band, strings and chorus.

Tonight there is a concert with one of the finest trumpet players from the country, James Morrison.
http://www.jamesmorrison.com/

I leave for a few minutes to attend the dinner and concert.

2 comments:

  1. james morrison, ike the lame band director at Drexel hill nad the great singing from teh doors. Nice an dpowerful name.

    see you soon!!
    love'
    tiiu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is the only thing they have in common - their name. This guy can play - chops almost as good as Jon Faddis and plays with a similar Dizzy, Bebop style.

    Yes, I will be on my way home in about 15 hours.

    Love,

    Tom

    ReplyDelete